Watch ⚽ Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Wolfsburg Live Stream Bundesliga on PC/Laptop/Smartphone.
Match: Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Wolfsburg
Date: September 13, 2019
Kick-off time: 18:30 GMT, September 13, 2019
Stadium: Merkur Spiel-Arena (Düsseldorf)
TV Chanel: BT Sport 3.
What was the score when the teams last met? Wolfsburg 5-2 Fortuna Dusseldorf
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortuna Dusseldorf squandered a half-time lead at Eintracht Frankfurt last time out as they suffered their second defeat of the new season.
- Alfredo Morales has added to coach Friedhelm Funkel’s injury problems after sustaining an adductor strain on international duty, so Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker is set to be recalled in midfield.
- Andre Hoffmann has been ruled out due to illness but fellow centre-back Kasim Adams is set to be included in the squad at least having trained fully this week.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Steffen; Zimmermann, Ayhan, Bormuth, Giesselmann; Bodzek, Baker; Thommy, Karaman, Kownacki; Hennings
Unavailable: Rensing (Injured), Stoger (Injured), Ampomah (Illness), Barkok (Injured), Sobottka (Injured), Morales (Injured), Hoffmann (Illness)
Doubtful: Wolf (Injured)
- Wolfsburg’s 100 per cent record this season ended with a 1-1 draw at home to Paderborn two weeks ago but they will have been happy with their tally of seven points from three games.
- Worse than the result against Paderborn was the two bad injuries suffered by goalkeeper Koen Casteels and summer signing Xaver Schlager, with the latter likely to miss the rest of the year.
- Pavao Pervan will deputise for Casteels as he did ably towards the end of last season, while key defensive duo John Brooks and Josuha Guilavogui are doubtful with knocks and will face late fitness tests.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Pervan; Guilavogui, Tisserand, Knoche; William, Arnold, Gerhardt, Roussillon; Joao Victor, Weghorst, Brekalo
Unavailable: Ignacio Camacho (Injured), Ginczek (Injured), Casteels (Injured), Schlager (Injured)
Doubtful: Guilavogui (Injured), Brooks (Injured), Paulo Otavio (Injured)
Wolfsburg have never lost to Fortuna Dusseldorf in eight competitive meetings. The last one ended 5-2 and Friday’s encounter could also see a few goals, as there have been three or more in 14 of Fortuna’s last 15 Bundesliga games while the visitors are missing their first-choice goalkeeper.