What was the score in the last meeting between Hertha & RB Leipzig? RB Leipzig 5-0 Hertha
THE TEAM NEWS
- Hertha BSC have slipped back down the table after back-to-back league defeats, losing 1-0 in the Berlin derby at Union Berlin last Saturday.
- Per Skjelbred has shaken off the knock that forced him off against Union and fellow midfielder Vladimir Darida is back from suspension, so Arne Maier is the only absentee for coach Ante Covic.
- Striker Davie Selke has featured in every game this season but predominantly as a substitute, and he would love to get his first goal of the campaign against his former club.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Jarstein; Klunter, Stark, Boyata, Mittelstadt; Skjelbred, Grujic; Wolf, Darida, Lukebakio; Ibisevic
Unavailable: Maier (Injured)
- After recording their biggest ever win last weekend, an 8-0 thrashing at home to Mainz, RB Leipzig continued their good form with a 2-0 victory away to Zenit in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Left-back Marcel Halstenberg has been ruled out after suffering an injury against Zenit, adding to coach Julian Nagelsmann’s defensive shortage, so he will be hoping Marcelo Saracchi recovers from illness in time.
- In-form striker Timo Werner, who has scored five goals in his last three appearances, only started on the bench against Zenit due to a slight muscular problem but he is set to return up front for this one.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gulacsi; Mukiele, Klostermann, Upamecano, Laimer; Sabitzer, Kampl, Demme, Nkunku; Werner, Poulsen
Unavailable: Schick (Injured), Wolf (Injured), Adams (Injured), Konate (Injured), Orban (Injured), Halstenberg (Injured)
Doubtful: Saracchi (Illness)
Leipzig have won five of their six Bundesliga meetings with Hertha and they go into this one in free-scoring form. Their coach also has a good record against the Berliners as Nagelsmann has never lost to them in seven matches, and there is a good chance he will maintain that record on Saturday.