What was the score in the last meeting between Paderborn & Augsburg? Paderborn 2-1 Augsburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paderborn remain three points adrift at the bottom of the table after losing 3-0 at Hoffenheim last Friday but they can draw level with their opponents with a win here.
- Klaus Gjasula is set to return in midfield after being suspended for the last game but striker Babacar Gueye is unavailable after being sent off in an U21 match.
- Rifet Kapic has been ruled out due to illness and Uwe Hunemeier and Marlon Ritter will miss out again, while there could be changes in attack.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Zingerle; Drager, Kilian, Schonlau, Collins; Gjasula; Cauly, Vasiliadis, Sabiri, Holtmann; Michel
Unavailable: Gueye (Suspended), Hunemeier (Injured), Ritter (Injured), Kapic (Illness)
- Augsburg suffered a 3-2 defeat at home to Schalke 04 last Sunday despite leading twice, and they have not won away from home in any competition since April.
- Fredrik Jensen is back in full training after missing the Schalke match but long-term absentees Marek Suchy, Carlos Gruezo and Felix Gotze remain sidelined.
- Despite the defeat, Augsburg played well for much of the game against Schalke so coach Martin Schmidt is likely to name an unchanged side for the third game in a row.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Koubek; Lichtsteiner, Jedvaj, Uduokhai, Max; Richter, Khedira, Baier, Vargas; Finnbogason, Niederlechner
Unavailable: Suchy (Injured), Gruezo (Injured), Gotze (Injured)
Doubtful: Jensen (Injured)
The signs are not great for either of these teams as Paderborn have lost six of their last seven Bundesliga games, while Augsburg are winless on the road this season. For both, conceding goals has been more of an issue than scoring them, so it should be an open contest between these two strugglers.