What was the score in the last meeting between Schalke 04 & Fortuna Dusseldorf? Schalke 04 0-4 Fortuna Dusseldorf
THE TEAM NEWS
- Schalke twice came from behind to beat Augsburg 3-2 last Sunday and claim their first win in four league games as they clung on to their place in the top six.
- Coach David Wagner has concerns in the centre-back department as Salif Sane has been ruled out for up to four months following knee surgery and Matija Nastasic is a doubt.
- With Benjamin Stambouli also out injured, Weston McKennie is expected to fill in alongside Ozan Kabak with Daniel Caligiuri returning in midfield.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Nubel; Kenny, Kabak, Mckennie, Oczipka; Caligiuri, Harit, Omar Mascarell, Serdar; Raman, Burgstaller
Unavailable: Bentaleb (Injured), Stambouli (Injured), Sane (Injured)
Doubtful: Nastasic (Injured), Juan Miranda (Injured)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf earned themselves some breathing space with a 2-0 win at home to near neighbours Koln last Sunday but they have lost their last four away games.
- Aymen Barkok and Markus Suttner continue to build up their fitness as they eye a return to the squad, but Kenan Karaman, Thomas Pledl, Kevin Stoger and Michael Rensing are definitely out.
- Erik Thommy was recalled to the starting line-up against Koln and will keep his place after scoring, meaning Schalke loanee Bernard Tekpetey is likely to be on the bench against his parent club.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Steffen; Zimmermann, Ayhan, Nuhu, Giesselmann; Morales, Bodzek; Zimmer, Fink, Thommy; Hennings
Unavailable: Karaman (Injured), Rensing (Injured), Stoger (Injured), Pledl (Injured)
Doubtful: Barkok (Injured), Suttner (Injured)
Fortuna Dusseldorf triumphed 4-0 at the VELTINS-Arena in March but it is very unlikely that will be repeated on Saturday. Schalke are much-improved this season under Wagner while Dusseldorf have struggled on their travels, so expect the Royal Blues to get revenge.