What was the score in the last meeting between Schalke 04 & Borussia Monchengladbach? Borussia Monchengladbach 0-0 Schalke 04
THE TEAM NEWS
- Schalke ended the year with two draws but they have only lost one of their last nine Bundesliga games and are unbeaten in eight at home.
- Schopf and Nastasic both returned from injury in recent friendlies but defensive trio Stambouli, Sane and McKennie remain sidelined.
- Goalkeeper Nubel, who has agreed a move to Bayern at the end of the season, is still serving a suspension while striker Gregoritsch has joined on loan.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Schubert; Kenny, Kabak, Nastasic, Oczipka; Omar Mascarell; Caligiuri, Serdar; Harit; Gregoritsch, Raman
- Having recorded the third-best first half of a Bundesliga season in the club’s history, Borussia Monchengladbach could go top – at least overnight – with victory in Gelsenkirchen.
- Fringe players Poulsen, Beyer and Villalba have all departed on loan but the club have not felt the need to bring in any new blood during the transfer window yet.
- Bensebaini has been ruled out due to injury so Wendt will start at left-back, but right-back Lainer is fit again having missed the last few games before the break.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Wendt; Benes, Kramer, Zakaria; Embolo, Plea, Thuram
Unavailable: Musel (Injured), Bensebaini (Injured)