What was the score in the last meeting between Bayern Munich & Schalke 04? Schalke 04 0-3 Bayern Munich
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayern Munich moved up to second with a comfortable 4-0 win at Hertha BSC last Sunday, their fifth straight win in all competitions.
- Hernandez returned to full training at the start of this week following three months out but this game is likely to come too soon for the defender.
- Kimmich is set to return to the starting line-up following suspension, while coach Flick’s defensive options are boosted by the loan signing of Real Madrid right-back Odriozola.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Neuer; Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies; Kimmich; Muller, Thiago Alcantara, Coutinho, Perisic; Lewandowski
Unavailable: Sule (Injured), Coman (Injured), Javi Martinez (Injured)
Doubtful: Hernandez (Injured)
- Schalke kicked off the second half of the season with an impressive 2-0 win at home to Borussia Monchengladbach last Friday, and they have lost just one of their last 10 Bundesliga games.
- New signing Gregoritsch impressed on his debut, setting up the first goal and scoring the second, and he is set to partner Raman up front again.
- Coach Wagner is hoping that Harit will be fit after missing last week’s match, while Serdar will also be assessed after picking up a knock.
Predicted line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Schubert; Kenny, Kabak, Nastasic, Oczipka; Omar Mascarell; Caligiuri, Serdar; Harit; Gregoritsch, Raman
Unavailable: Stambouli (Injured), Sane (Injured), McKennie (Injured), Nubel (Suspended)
Doubtful: Serdar (Injured), Harit (Injured)
Schalke have only lost twice since losing to Bayern in August but the champions are in equally good form having won the last four league games, scoring 15 goals. Four of the last five meetings between the two have resulted in Bayern wins and three or more goals, and this one is likely to follow suit.