What was the score in the last meeting between Aston Villa & Liverpool? Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool
THE TEAM NEWS
- Villa were eventually beaten at Man City last week but their fringe players bounced back nicely in beating Wolves 2-1 in the League Cup.
- Dean Smith is expected to revert to all his regular starters although they will need to make a late check on Grealish who is a concern.
- Douglas Luiz came into the side last week as extra defensive protection in midfield and he will likely keep his place against Liverpool.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Heaton; Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett; McGinn, Nakamba, Douglas Luiz; Trezeguet, Wesley, Grealish
Unavailable: Jota (Injured)
Doubtful: Grealish (Injured), Lansbury (Injured), Davis (Injured)
- Liverpool come into this game with a six-point lead at the top and they will be keen to maintain that before playing Man City next weekend.
- Due to the hectic schedule, Jurgen Klopp made wholesale changes for the midweek League Cup game but he will bring his regulars back here.
- Lovren is expected to deputise in central defence in Matip’s absence and the team is likely to be the same that beat Spurs last weekend.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Unavailable: Clyne (Injured), Shaqiri (Injured), Matip (Injured)
Doubtful: Keita (Injured)
Aston Villa will likely take the same approach as they did against Man City last week and look to keep things tight at the back first and foremost. Liverpool are playing well and flying with confidence right now however and should eventually break them down to pick up yet another three points.