What was the score in the last meeting between Man City & Southampton? Southampton 1-3 Man City
THE TEAM NEWS
- Man City warmed up for this league clash by beating Southampton 3-1 in a midweek League Cup tie albeit with both teams rotating heavily.
- Following his red card in the 3-0 win over Villa last weekend, Fernandinho served his ban in midweek and is available for selection here.
- Guardiola fielded a second-string side in midweek but all his regulars will return to the side as they look to close the gap at the top.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Stones, Fernandinho, Mendy; Gundogan, David Silva, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Aguero, Sterling
Unavailable: Sane (Injured), Laporte (Injured), Zinchenko (Injured), Rodri (Injured)
- Saints are coming off a horrific 0-9 home loss to Leicester which is ominous ahead of this match against the best attack in the country.
- They will be without Bertrand after his red card in the debacle last week so Danso is tipped to come in and there may be more changes.
- Stephens may also come back into the defence though Ralph Hasenhuttl does not have that many quality options to change it around further.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gunn; Bednarek, Yoshida, Stephens; Valery, Romeu, Hojbjerg, Danso; Ward-Prowse, Redmond; Ings
Unavailable: Djenepo (Injured), Cedric (Injured), Bertrand (Suspended)
Losing 0-9 at home before playing Man City is perhaps the worst possible preparation to face the champions. City’s second string side beat them comfortably in midweek and there seems very little chance that Ralph Hasenhuttl can turn things around in just a few days to avoid another heavy loss.