What was the score in the last meeting between Newcastle & Bournemouth? Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle
THE TEAM NEWS
- Newcastle picked up a vital three points last week as they beat West Ham and scored three goals in a game for the first time this season.
- While their attacking trio failed to get on the scoresheet, Steve Bruce will be heartened by the goals from Fernandez, Clark and Shelvey.
- Bruce is likely to have the same set of players at his disposal for this match although he will surely name an unchanged side after the win.
Predicted line-up (5-4-1): Dubravka; Yedlin, Clark, Lascelles, Fernandez, Willems; Almiron, Hayden, Shelvey, Saint-Maximin; Joelinton
Unavailable: Colback (Injured), Lejeune (Injured), S. Longstaff (Suspended), Schar (Injured), Ritchie (Injured)
- Bournemouth are coming off a fantastic 1-0 win over Man Utd last weekend in what was their third successive clean sheet in the league.
- Eddie Howe is forced into at least one change as Colombian midfielder Lerma is suspended so Lewis Cook will come in to partner Billing.
- It seems unlikely that Howe will make any further changes as they are in excellent form and look extremely solid defensive at present.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Ramsdale; Smith, S. Cook, Ake, Diego Rico; H. Wilson, L. Cook, Billing, Fraser; King, C. Wilson
Unavailable: Brooks (Injured), Gosling (Injured), Stanislas (Injured), Daniels (Injured), Lerma (Suspended), Surman (Injured)
Bournemouth have taken a different approach in recent matches as they have focused on keeping things tight defensively first and foremost. Against a Newcastle team that is not the most inspiring going forward, that will likely lead to yet another low-scoring match with little dividing the two teams.