What was the score in the last meeting between Southampton & Burnley? Burnley 3-0 Southampton
THE TEAM NEWS
- Southampton were on the end of a 4-0 defeat by Liverpool in their last Premier League outing and will look to bounce back here.
- Saints have had issues at right-back in recent matches but could hand on-loan Spurs man Kyle Walker-Peters a debut in this contest.
- James Ward-Prowse was forced off in Southampton’s FA Cup loss to Spurs last time out but should overcome that knock to feature here.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Armstrong, Ward-Prowse, Hojbjerg, Redmond; Long, Ings
Doubtful: Ward-Prowse (Injured)
- Burnley held Arsenal to a goalless draw in their last Premier League match as the Clarets made it three league games unbeaten.
- The Clarets have now kept back-to-back clean sheets in the Premier League and will be hoping to make it three in a row in this game.
- Sean Dyche is still without Ashley Barnes whilst fullbacks Matt Lowton and Charlie Taylor are both doubts but the latter should feature.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Pope; Bardsley, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor; Hendrick, Westwood, Cork, McNeil; Wood, Rodriguez
Unavailable: Barnes (Injured), Gudmundsson (Injured)
Doubtful: Taylor (Injured), Lowton (Injured)
Southampton suffered FA Cup woe on the back of a heavy loss against Liverpool in the Premier League and they will be keen to respond as they host Burnley. The visitors are likely to keep it tight at the back after successive clean sheets in the league and this should be a low-scoring contest.